Smt. Sudipta Chakraborty
|Address||B 28, Green Park, North Purbachal Road, p.s. Grafa, P.O. Haltu, Kolkata 70078.|
|Phone No.||+91 7872357918|
|Academic Qualification||1. Pursuing M.Phil. from Jadavpur University, Department of English, Kolkata, Working on Twentieth century American Fiction. The submission deadline of the thesis is May, 2018. 2. Qualified CBSC-UGC NET JULY, 2016. 3. Completed M.A. from Kalyani University, Department of English, in the year 2015, obtained 666 out of 1000 (66.6%) marks. Stood First class Fourth in the University merit list. 4. Completed B.A. from Krishnagar Government College, Department of English in the year 2013, obtained 521 out of 800 (65.13%) and stood First class third in the university merit list. 5. Completed Higher Secondary examination in 2010 from Kalna Hindu Girls’ High School affiliated to West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education, obtained 447 out of 500 (89.40% ) marks. 6. Completed Madhyamik examination from Kalna Hindu Girls’ High School (affiliated to West Bengal Board of Secondary Education) in 2008, obtained 685 out of 800(85.63%)|
1. Presented paper in the International conference at Pondicherry on 8-11th February 2018.
2. Presented paper in an international seminar organized by Mrinalini Datta Mahavidyalaya Birati and Barasat State University on 15nd December 2017.
3. Presented paper in the national conference organized by Jadavpur University Department of English on January 18th 2017
4. Presented paper in the International Conference in New Delhi on 26-27th November, 2016 organized by Global Research Forum on Diaspora and Transnationalism(GRFDT)
5. Presented paper in UGC sponsored two-day National level seminar on “Interpretation of Memories: Literary, Psychological, Cultural and Historical Aspects” on 1-2 December, 2016 organized by St. Paul’s Cathedral Mission College in collaboration with University of Calcutta.
6. Presented paper in UGC sponsored one-day National level seminar on Literature, Medicine and Psychoanalysis in Colonial and Postcolonial India” on 22nd September, organized by Departments of English and Bengali, Chandrokona Vidyasagar Mahavidyalaya and Department of English, Sukumar Sengupta Mahavidyalaya, Keshpur.
7. Presented paper in the UGC sponsored International seminar on “Reconstructing Literary Map: Literatures of Partition and Diaspora from Asia and the Asia Pacific” organized by Burdwan University, Department of English on 10-11th March, 2016.
1. Contributed article titled” Ambiguity in Gender Representation in the Stories of Ismat Chughtai” in the book Indian Writing in English: Themes and Techniques, ISBN NO: 978-93-82485-59-9 Edited by Ram Avadh Prajapati and Shailesh Sharma. Published in 2016.
2. Contributed research article in the journal “Appropriations” a peer reviewed journal of Bankura Christian College. The article titled “Personal Feminism(s), Political Feminism(s): Evolution of Ideology in the Poetry of Adrienne Rich”, published in 2014-15, ISSN NO: 0975-1521.
3. Contributed article titled “Peeping into the “Heart of Darkness”: Critiquing Sexual Violence in the Stories of Manik Bandopadhyaya” in the book Multicolored Glass: Studies in Indian Short Stories”; Published by Saikat Guha, from Authors Press, New Delhi.
4. Contributed article titled “Searching for True Chromosome:an Analysis of Surveillance Modality and Nativist Counter Discourse in Amitav Ghosh’s The Calcutta Chromosome” in the book Literature Medicine and Psychoanalysis in Colonial and Postcolonial India. Edited by Pritha Kundu and Renuka Maji; Sutradhar : Kolkata. ISBN NO:978-81-908360-14-9
|Courses completed||Completed a certificate course on border theory and immigration “Bodies at the Border” in collaboration with Cornell University, USA and Jadavpur University.|
Pursuing six months certificate course in Translation studies organized by Jadavpur University Centre for Translation of Indian Languages (CENTIL).
|Area of Specialization||American literature, Postcolonial literature, Woman’s Writing, Indian Writing in English.|